Title VI Policy Statement
To establish a policy of non-discrimination in the conduct of its business, including its Title VI responsibilities as it relates to transportation services. The City of Kokomo recognizes its responsibilities to the community in which it operates and to the society it serves. It is the City of Kokomo’s policy to utilize its best efforts to assure that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under its program of transit service delivery and related benefits.
Objectives of the policy are to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color, or national origin;
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low income populations;
- Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision-making;
- Prevent the denial, reduction, or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations;
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, the City of Kokomo, Indiana, will not exclude from participation in, deny the benefits of, or subject to discrimination any individual on the ground of race, color, or national origin.
If you feel you have been discriminated against, you are encouraged to contact the KHCGCC office at:
219 E Sycamore Street
Kokomo, Indiana 46901
You may also file a Title VI or ADA Complaint: